A lead magnet is something you give to a person to entice them to subscribe to your email list. It usually is an ebook, report, video or an email course.
Having a really good lead magnet is extremely important. It needs to be something the person wants and is willing to give you their email address for in return. Without a good lead magnet, your email list will build much slower.
Lead magnets come in all forms. Here are several types of lead magnets being used by marketers.
- A preview version of a product
- Short videos
- Interviews on audio
- Mind maps
As you can see, a lead magnet does not have to be just an ebook. Brainstorm a little and I am sure you can come up with many more forms of lead magnets.
Let’s take a look at what makes a really good lead magnet.
What Makes a Good Email Magnet?
- It should solve a major problem
- It should solve a very specific problem
- Should be short and to the point
- Must contain real value
- Should be unique and only available from you
- Absolutely must be related to your email list topic
- If possible, should pre-sell a related product
As you can see, a great lead magnet must be to the point, solve a problem and easy to digest in a short period of time. When you solve someone’s problem, you build trust.
Examine what you are currently using as a lead magnet. Does it meet the requirements of a great lead magnet? If not, how can you change it so it does?